Thursday, January 3, 2008

December Happenings

Mr. Snowman

Gabby and Parker have loved playing in the snow this year. Joshua has a small window of being interested, and them he wants to go in to warm up his hands. I feel the same.

This year we have had great luck with snow storms. Most of the big ones have hit on a weekend or holiday so Randy hasn't had to commute on roads that haven't been plowed. That has also allowed him to spend a little time with the kids in the snow while it is still soft enough to build a decent snowman. Randy had the bottom already built before the kids even knew he was out there, but they all enjoyed helping. Gabby, Parker, Syd and Owen were very proud of their creation. Joshua watched from the window until it was time to take pictures.

Christmas Lights

Before we had kids I think Randy and I hit Temple Square once to see the lights. It happen to be the first day they turned them on, and the experience of strollers being rammed into your heels didn't have us running back...until the kids came along. Kids help us to do all sorts of fun things!

We bundled up and braved the chill. It was beautiful. All the lights and nativities helped to get us excited about the season.

I saw a picture like this on the Cardon's blog and thought it was so cool I had to try to take one of my own. If only I could remember what setting I used to get it???
Tubing

Yet another activity I didn't do more than once since I was old enough to make my own decision, and before I had kids: tubing. A few years ago my nephew Will invited us to go tubing. I thought it sounded cold and miserable, but knew my kids would like it. I figured I was tough enough to outlast them in the cold so we agreed to go. I have to admit, I had much more fun than I expected.

Will called again this year, and once again I considered not going. Gabby had heard me on the phone though, and begged and begged until we agreed. We had a great time. I might have had even more fun than my kids did. And, because I held back much needed snowpants and good gloves from them because I had to make sure they had plenty of gifts to open on Christmas, they were ready to leave before my feet felt like ice stumps. The Fetzer crew that helps me have fun.

Randy, Joshua and Gabby preparing for the ride. Landon and Quinn giving Joshua, Caryn and Megan a push down the hill.

No comments: