Thursday, July 3, 2008

Who Taught Them This Stuff?

Summer of Reading
Gabby and Parker have about 20 minutes of homework they are supposed to do each week-day during the summer. June went pretty well, but July has started a little slow. Yesterday I was talking to Gabby about this.

Gabby: "It's because you are spending so much time reading and not enough helping your kids."

Caryn: "You make it sound like reading is a bad thing."

Gabby: "It's not, but you can't just ignore your kids. They need your help too. You need to sit down with us for ten minutes and help us do our work or we won't get it done."

Caryn: "Did your dad tell you to say that?"

No, he didn't. Gabby just knows, somehow, what a good mom should do. Hopefully she can whip me into shape soon!


Our Little Observer
Tonight when we were out at dinner Parker made a few observations. It started out as a discussion about "the workers." That is anyone that is working at a store, restaurant, etc.

Parker: "I know how you can tell who the workers are. They are the ones that bring the food or clean up the tables. Oh, they also wear aprons."

...without a break in the conversation while looking down at his chest...

"Did you know Jesus can see through buildings? He can see us through buildings!"

I don't think these things are related, but he sure thought of them all at once.

4 comments:

Nick and Jessi said...

This is why we love your kids... they are so darn funny! And I hope you're ignoring your kids because you're reading the Twilight series. It would be a good excuse! And the I wouldn't feel so bad about completely ignoring my kids while I was reading it.

Jared and Shelby said...

Yeah, what book? Just tell them it is your homework:)

hawsfam said...

Thanks for the homework idea. I got grace some workbooks at the dollar store and she keeps asking to do more. I had to tell her she can only do 2 pages a day so she doesn't run out before kindergarten starts. I'm sure the novelty will wear off in a day or two.
Speaking of twilight, jessi, shelby, you, I and whomever else should go see the movie together when it comes out because I'm sure Trevor will see it without me:)

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

So I just caught up on your life and your kids are so hilarious. I love it. So Orderville!? My grandfather was born and raised in Orderville and since everyone there is related we must be! he is a Esplin. So where is the connection- seriously who goes to Orderville!? But I like it there. In fact, we just spent a family reunion in Delta which is where my grandma grew up so Orderville, Delta. Good roots I tell you. Anyway, we have to be related. Loved catching up with your family Caryn. You guys are so cute.