Monday, September 1, 2008

Half Marathon #4

Stephanie, Paula, Marci and I ran the Provo River Trail Half Marathon on August 9th. I am only three weeks slow to post. It was a good run, and I beat my best time. Now realize that I run to complete, not to win. I am in no way considered fast, but let's reminisce so I have it for future reference. My memory is not the best and this blog would be the closest thing to a journal for me.
Salt Lake 2007 Half: 2 hours 5 minutes
Bryce Canyon 2007 Half: 2 hours 2 minutes
Salt Lake 2008 Half: 1 hour 56 minutes
Provo River Trail 2008 Half: 1 hour 54 minutes

The race was definitely less organized than the Salt Lake in April, but the trail was beautiful. The end in town had a few too many loops, but with a time improvement, it was worth it. Once again, my favorite part is the training. My running buddies are great. They make amazing and free counselors and we always seem to have a few laughs on our runs as well.

Randy and the kids came down for the run. They saw me run in but I didn't see them. Randy always complains that I am just too darn fast to snap a picture (that would be me on the right).
Everyone was happy in the end, and I am sure I will do it again. Thanks for the fun runs girls.
Stephanie, Caryn, Marci, Paula

2 comments:

Jared and Shelby said...

Caryn, good for you! It's fun to see all of your times and how well you've done on each of them.

I also loved your post about primary. Parker looks very handsome. Oh, speaking of Parker, Annie got pushed down by a mean boy on the playground at preschool yesterday. When I explained to Annie to play with the girls because boys just play more rough, she said, "But Parker doesn't." She just might swoon if I show her the picture of him in his suit:)

Andrea said...

You guys are AWESOME! IT looks like you guys had FUN. I love running! Your blog is so fun and Cute! Don't worry I need to update on mine too!