Thursday, May 21, 2009

Seattle

Back in February Randy had a work trip he had to take to Seattle. I was lucky enough to accompany him. We left our kids with great family and friends to care for them. The night we arrived we went to the Space Needle for dinner. It was interesting and romantic, especially with Randy's boss sitting across the table from us! The next day Randy had a full day of work so I was off to meet up with my good friend Christine. We have been friends since childhood. I will admit that I am horrible at keeping in touch with people when they live further than a mile away, but whenever Chris and I do talk or get together it feels the same as it did when we were kids. I almost have to resist the urge to talk in that crazy teenage lingo!
After my most efficient and interesting bus ride to downtown Seattle Chris took me on a little walking tour to Pike's Market (yes, I saw them throw fish), down to the water and to Post Alley. We wouldn't want to miss the gum wall. I had been away from my kids for less than 24 hours at this point and I was already thinking how they would love to see this!
Chris and I had lunch and she had to slip back to work for a few hours. I did a little shopping for the kidlings and even had a chance to tour the public library. There was an amazing number of transients enjoying the space to lounge and surf the internet.
That night Rob (Christine's husband), Chris, Randy and I went to dinner and had a few laughs. After dinner we walked out to look at the water, I remembered my camera and decided I needed to take some pictures. I asked Randy and Rob to smile for the camera. Obviously they were a little uncomfortable!
After that great shot Randy took a picture of Chris and I. Do you think the closed eyes was pay-back for the awkwardness of the previous picture?It was great to get away and visit with Chris, but I will admit that I thought of my kids often. It seems my life does revolve around them! And look how happy they were when we returned.

1 comment:

Alisha Stamper said...

completely laughing about the awkward picture, closed eyes payback, and happy kids upon your return. i like how you write, very funny!