Monday, July 27, 2009

Put on Your Dancing Shoes

Gabby took a dance class this year where they introduced both ballet and tap. She had a great time learning. They had a few observation days where we could go watch. They would show us their new skills and even present the dances they planned to perform at the recital at the end of the year. It was very fun and the dance were cute. I must say that I wasn't expecting much more than what we saw on observation days in the recital, but I was pleasantly surprised.The recital was very impressive. The studio used "Dancing Through the Year" as their theme. Gabby's class presented the March "In Like a Lion" (song from The Lion King)and the June "Summertime" (song from High School Musical).They were both fast paced songs. The girls did a great time at keeping up and getting all their steps in. It was great.

This summer Gabby went to a dance camp for a week. It was four and a half hours a day, filled with a variety of dances and visual arts. The art was a great visual representation of their dance.
She had her good friend, Olivia, in her class. They stayed very busy and had a great time. At the end of the week they performed for their families. It was amazing that they were able to put together four dances in a week.
A little bit of ballet, modern,hip hop and composition.
Even the brothers enjoyed the show.

2 comments:

Seth, Keri, Con and Finn said...

I know it's weird that I know this because you are a little older than me, but Gabby looks just like you when you were a kid! It's crazy. What a lucky gal to have such a cute mom.

Kim Beckstead Cooper said...

She looks like she's having a great time in dance! I LOVE the dance portraits and group pictures that they took...super cute!